Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

W.i.P. Wednesday {1/23/13} Swaps - IG Style

It's been a while since I've done a WIP Wednesday. I'll be linking up over at Freshly Pieced today! :)


My biggest WIPs right now that I need to get done pronto are for my swaps! Last fall when I was sick and on the couch bored out of my mind I signed up for a few swaps that didn't end until the end of this month and the middle of next month. I love them. :)

The first one is Sew Sew Modern! I've said this before, but I love swaps! They always seem to push my creativity and it always blows me away to see all the amazing talent out there! I really would be happy with anything that is being made, and this group is definitely no exception to that! I know what I'm making, but I'm having a hard time with the style and fabrics. I keep changing my mind! I think partially because my partners style, which I love, is not what I normally do. So trying to do something me with a style that isn't me, has been a stretch... I'm crossing my fingers it all turns out perfectly for her! (I think it would be hard to have a guy as your partner, because usually there aren't many in swaps, and man, you say one thing and it's a dead giveaway who it is! ha! I think about that sometimes.) :)

Anyway, here's my little work in progress from start to current, in some mostly bad Instagram photos. (the pictures usually look better on my phone, and then I see them on computer and am like, ug. Maybe one day I'll get a better phone.) :)

Sew Sew Modern Swap Progress Mosaic
Design layout, picking fabric, practice runs, cutting, 160 - 1" hst's, putting it together, changing my mind on fabric, adding more fabrics, changing my mind on design, going back to my original design... I don't think I've ever been so indecisive. But now I'm done with that and am ready to just finish it all up! :) Hooray! I am really excited about these. :) I think I'll have one of the goodies made with the HST's, and the other part made using the Weave (which hopefully I can take some pictures along the way to share a tutorial with you!)



The other swap is DQS 13. I LOVE this group! I made the 70's Geese for Whitney last year. I still miss it. ;) and here's a little peak of what I want to do this year:

First I came up with the Starburst pattern:
(found on Craftsy or Etsy)

Last one for the night. I think this one is my favorite.


But decided to change it up a bit for my partner:
DQS 13 pattern idea


Here is my final idea. I ordered fabrics to match, but I can't remember what colors I picked for where. lol. Maybe I'll change to prints... :)

DQS13 - new layout and colors


I'm pretty excited to get started on this one! I scaled down the blocks so each 1/4 block is only 3" I think. :) I think it will look awesome! (ok, crossing my fingers.)


I think the HARDEST thing about swaps is when your partner is really quiet. I don't ever know if that means they hate my ideas, or if they just aren't at all active. I'm guessing it's the later since I haven't noticed posts on anyone's photos... I'm not saying which swap I'm talking about. (I don't want to give anything away). But in the end I just figure that if it's not important for them to comment, than I can just do whatever in the world I want to! :D lol. :)


Anyway, now I'm off to be finish up projects, be mom, probably play with some Legos, clean, pay bills, do laundry, oh.... I wish life could be full of only the good stuff! ;)

What are you working on lately?? :)
Hope you have a great Wednesday!

Diane

10 comments:

  1. It looks like you are going to be super busy for a while. Your starburs pattern is beautiful.
    I'm with you; I whish my days were filled with only the good stuff (my weekends were like five days long and I only had to go to work 2 days lol. whishing outloud).
    I'm currently working on a cross stitch project, and a start quilt... to name a few.
    I'm Looking forward to seeing the progress of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty. The color gradation grabbed me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your layout is fabulous. I haven't done that swap before and really want to. The best kind of partner is a noisy one - makes it so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your last mock-up. It's going to be a gorgeous project! Have fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, I am drooling over your projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! I've seen your name around blogland quite a bit, but for some strange reason have never stopped by before until today! What fabulous work you do! I like the last layout best, but they all look nice. Nice to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You're very busy! I"m in the midst of HST hell......your photos just reminded me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your very busy.. I wish I could find a cool swap with the whole quilt, or mini, I need a swap that just is more than a block. loving the letters.. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Your DQS quilt is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much gorgeousness right there!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.