Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changin'!



(I think that might be from a song. I don't know what it's called though.
"Changes" by David Bowie. Thanks Rachel!
This song has been in my head the whole morning now. And this is the only line I can remember. lol.)



One thing I've never forgotten from college is something my professor once said (guess I forgot what the class was called. lol),  "The only constant is CHANGE." 

I couldn't agree more. Especially right now. in. this. moment. Things they are a changin'. (that may be a line from Planet 51, I don't remember for sure either.) I guess one thing that hasn't change is my horrible memory. lol.



Anyway, I have made some significant changes recently, and am in the process of making more. 
  • I dropped out of the Bee a {Modern} Swapper group (every other month is a normal bee month where you sew blocks for your fellow hive members. The other months are optional fun swaps.) I really loved this group! The set up is the best I think!
  • I also dropped out of my do.Good Stitches group. cry. I so love all the wonderful ladies I sewed with. It was so much fun! And I was able to make some awesome blocks and contribute to some beautiful quilts. I will finish up my quilts this month and pass them on.
The reason for dropping these... life is changing. :) Partially I want to have more time for my family (ok, that's a HUGE. like REALLY huge part of it) - doing Learning Time, playing, enjoying my summer.  I also have gotten to the point where I have a list of sewing things for me, my family, and others. And though the list gets longer and longer, I am constantly spending all of my sewing time sewing for these bees or other groups. Ok, so most all of my swaps are now over, and a lot of those commitments are over. I just need a break. I don't mean to be selfish, but it is kind of becoming more of a burden than being fun and rewarding. I also need more sleep. ;) Trying to fit everything in has led to too many late nights. I'm getting old and need my beauty rest. :) I am still in my Moody Blues 2 group (June is the last month), and Modern She Made Swap. (Lovin' it! It's over in May) But that's it! Can you believe I'm only in TWO groups?!! deep sigh of relief. lol. 

  • I have too much fabric that I will never have time to use
  • I have too many supplies
  • too much paper
  • and whatever else.
I used to be a huge paper crafter, and when I start a new project I kind of tend to collect all the supplies needed for it at once. What can I say? I like to be prepared... anyway, I am going to start doing some major de-stashing! Wahoo! :) Anyway, I have no idea how to do this, or if there are guidelines or rules to de-stashing, but I will be listing it all in my etsy shop. I sure hope someone wants it all! :)



Ok, I guess that's it for now. I still have two major deadlines that I'm racing to finish up my projects for. You'll see one of them tomorrow! :) 

Here's the other one:

IMG_4470
almost finished with these!!
this is one of my [4x5] blocks. I only have one more. :) I love these!



Don't worry, I'll still be around. 
I am definitely not planning on quitting sewing or blogging. :)


Diane

10 comments:

  1. couldn't find a link to your etsy shop, but i'd love to see what you're destashing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Great priorities! (Changes by David Bowie, just saying, yeah I am OLD...LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a bit of Bowie! Totally hear you on the swaps bee thing - sometimes I long just to sew for me!! Good for you for making the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My latest blog post: Go. Read. This.:
    http://bravegirlsclub.com/archives/10250/comment-page-1#comment-87673

    Congrats on getting your priorities straight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we will miss you! (single tear...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you Diane. You can never lose putting family first, they're only little once, and it disappears more quickly than you can possibly imagine! (And you can never go wrong with Bowie IMHO)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If its become a chore then you should definitely cut back. You gotta make tho babies geniuses so they can take care of you when you're older :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to reign it in lately too.. it is hard to do, but definitely worth it - family and happiness come first- ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "The times they are a-changin" was a Bob Dylan song. haha you're all over the place today! Yay! for summer! And yay! for learning time! Yay! for making decisions. And yay! for taking on enough to keep you busy, but never enough to make you crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Changes are supposed to be good! So, WOOHOO for changes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.