Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday {3/28/12}

Hi! :) Yep, I'm still around. Last week was so exciting, I feel like I kind of out did myself. I don't know what to blog about that could be any better than last week! So I just haven't. lol. That and last Friday my hubby and I were talking about the weekend plans:

Hubby, "Let's do something fun this weekend!"
me, "Ok!"
Hubby, "That means NO SEWING!!!"
me, "oh. I think sewings fun."

Anyway, he won out and I didn't sew on Saturday, or Sunday, or Monday, or Tuesday... so I guess I don't really have anything new going on anyway. ;) Though I still have lots of stuff sitting around that needs to be shared. But I'll save that for another day!

On another note, whoever said that March could go by so fast??? Hello! ONLY 3 days left until April! What is that about? I did have goals to finish 4 quilt tops, as well as do like 10 other projects this month! I guess that won't happen. oops.

I do have everything laid out and ready for a few other projects that need to be finished asap.

First are my do.Good Stitches blocks for this month. Melissa asked us to do heart blocks in varying sizes. Here are the two I've had finished since the first of the month. I'll post all of them when I finish up the rest.
DSC_0305



I also made up these blocks for my Moody Blues Bee. These are for Linda. I LOVE this style of block! I've never made them before, but they were a lot of fun, and came together really quick! (I let her square them up since she has the perfect sized ruler for it. I did not want to mess these up!!) (did I share these already? I can't remember.) Anyway, I sent them back earlier this month. I still have one block to make up for Sabrina. It's my first, un-paper pieced flying geese block, and it's not as easy as I thought it would be.
DSC_0243


I also still have two blocks to make for Tiffany as well, as part of our Bee a {modern} Swapper bee group. She is making a picnic blanket and I think her inspiration mosaic is to die for! This is going to be the cutest quilt ever!!!


I have my pattern for the DQS12 all ready! The templates are printed and taped and I'm ready to sew... just need to pick out the rest of the fabrics. Here's what it will look like (but the warm colors will be prints, so it will be a little bit different than this.) Crossing my fingers it will turn out well!

DQS12-pattern
It will finish at about 18" by 18". I'm excited for it!

I did work on my Granny Square quilt the other night - so I guess I did do some sewing. But I had to unpick it all. It was my first bad experience with bias sewing. I mean my first HORRIBLE experience. I kind of didn't trim up my sashing strips to the right length and was just going to trim off the long edges after I had it all sewn together. It was SO wavy. Yikes! I'm hoping I can get it to work, otherwise the quilt just might end up 10" smaller than I had planned. :) I can roll with it. I'm cool like that. lol.

I also have loads of packages to send out in the mail today... so get ready all you giveaway winners!! :) Fabric packages are just about on their way! :)


On a non-sewing related topic. I have decided to start doing "learning time", aka preschool, with my boys. I need some more structure in our lives, and I think if I can get a set schedule with set activities, then it will be good for all of us! I would love to send my big guy off to preschool, but it's not something we can do right now. and I know he would love to dive into learning and games and hands on activities! I've been trying to find all the ideas and info I can, so I can pick the things that will be best for both of them. Crossing my fingers I can get a good system going for us. It's just a tad bit overwhelming. ;) ...update: I did find some awesome blogs with tons of free printables and info! The top three that I'm using stuff from are: Confessions of a Slacker Mom (an LDS themed schedule), Confessions of a Homeschooler (she has more Bible related stuff, but also a ton of non-religious material), and 1+1+1=1 (I really love her Tot School program. I know Jacks will love some of the things she has. There is A LOT of resources on her site!) Going through it all (no I haven't actually printed anything off yet) almost makes me think that I could homeschool. lol. We'll see what I think after I actually get stuff organized and start trying to actually teach my children. :D cheese!


Ok, now back to sewing! :)
Happy Wednesday everyone! 
and be sure to check out Freshly Pieced and see everyone else's WIPs!


Diane

1 comment:

  1. That DQS block looks like it will be amazing..can't wait to see how yours turns out!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.