Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Little Quilt - Sew, Vote, Swap Christmas Round

The sewing and voting is done, and this little quilt is well on it's way to it's new home! I really loved this little quilt, ok pillow, when I saw it and was dying to try it! Thus... my Christmas Stars mini.

DSC_1130

I used Riley Blake's Holly Jolly collection. The backing is something I picked up a while ago, I don't know what it is. 

DSC_1169


For the binding I used Rachel's Zigzag Binding tutorial at Stitched in Color. It was different from what I am used to doing, but I liked it! I think it gave it a fun finish.

DSC_1157


DSC_1144
I love how crisp this is. Too bad I quilted it. ;)

I thought it was kind of funny when I asked Neil what I should call it. He said, "Not Pinwheels". If you look at the white space they look like little pinwheels. It would be fun to do this design in a reverse pattern, making the stars white and the negative space different colors. Maybe I'll get around to trying it sometime. :)


If I remember right, it finished up 12.5" by 12.5".
I used this tutorial by Silly BooDilly for the stars. They are super easy and fun to make!


Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.